I Brushed Against A Soul One Eve

I wandered through the wilderness
lo, for many years.
I trudged through tribulations
and brambles dripped with tears.

I brushed against a soul one eve,
one my heart so yearned to hold,
yet I remained within my shadows
dark with grief and bitter cold.

The meeting haunted me
and came to me in dreams
keeping just beyond my grasp,
floating among the leaves.

I felt it looming in the mists,
and feigning wisdom with silence,I hid.
Still my chains yearned to fall away
as if in answer to its bid.


NOTE: STILL UNDER RECONSTRUCTION AT THIS POINT

Wrapped in sorrow, my pen lay idle nigh a score.
Encased away, I feared its words to flow nevermore.
Suddenly, the quill swept across the page,
and from my trembling hands
poured words of such poignant beauty
my heart ached and wept for more.
Behold, I’ve placed my love with breath abate
into the hands of one who knows not
that they could end my lone estate. . .
My fellow being,
my kindred spirit,
my soul mate.


Spring 1999